Monday, June 15, 2009

Looks Like our Fundraiser Needs Some Help...

While we truly appreciate the money already donated to our fundraiser ($515 so far...WOW!!), it appears we have reached a standstill. In an effort to get us to our goal, we have had a few items donated that are going to be raffled off at the end of the fundraiser on July 10th. Every $5 donated to our fundraiser gets you one "chance" at a prize. (Those who have already donated are automatically entered into the raffle.)

The prizes will be raffled off with the assistance of my dear blogging friend, Denise, who gets TONS more traffic on her blog than I will EVER get on mine and does giveaways all the time so she has this down to a science.

The prizes to be awarded are...
...an autographed copy of Kay Bratt's book, Silent Tears (donated by Kay Bratt herself!)...
...made-to-order Pirate and Princess costumes (donated by my dear friend, Trish, from her business, Tutu Crazy)......and a 7" Sony digital picture frame, donated by Denise (the same dear blogging friend who is helping me run this fundraiser).

We have a few more ideas in the works for raffle prizes...but I think this is a great start! If you want to spread the word about this raffle (by word of mouth or through your own blog), we would be ever so grateful!!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so happy look at all these stuff! We are going to do the yard sale on July 11th- I hope to be able to help out a bit! I am praying for you everyday!

Teresa =) said...

Carrie -

You are so sweet to offer to help us, especially since you are also counting down the days until you travel to your baby girl!! I hope your yard sale is a huge success and that the proceeds are able to help YOU get to China!!

Teresa =)

Darcie said...

FIRST...may I just say "congratulations!" I have hopped on as a follower(hope that is okay) came via Denise's blog which I just found yesterday. I will back to buy some raffle tickets...I promise!!!

Teresa =) said...

Darcie -

Welcome to my humble little blog! I think it's awesome that you found us through Denise -- my blog doesn't hold a candle to her expert writing skills, but I do my best.

BTW, more raffle prizes will be announced later tonight...

Teresa =)

Brandy said...

Any friend of Denise...well you know. I chipped in a little and hope that others will too!

Good luck on your trip & congrats on your beautiful daughter!

Julie Paschal said...

Teresa - I just had a Silpada Fundraiser for a friend of mine (Cindy Nelson) - and we raised $350.00 for her mission trip to Africa (she is there right now). Just a thought - you would have a party and ALL (100%) $$ profits would go to you. Just a thought - if you are interested - let me know!

Julie Paschal

Deb said...

Teresa,

I can send you a 8 pack of Movie Tickets for Regal Movies (United Artist, Regal Cinema or Edwards. Send me an email and we can go over the logistics.

Deb