Friday, July 10, 2009

We Got Our TRAVEL APPROVAL!!

Need I say more?!

Shari from CCAI called me about 4:30PM today to let us know that our TA arrived today and that they want us to leave for China on July 29th!!! (It's not confirmed yet...won't be until they can schedule our Consulate Appointment.) Believe it or not, that is the EXACT day we had hoped to leave! I'm so EXCITED!!!

I immediately called the Megster in S.C. -- who promptly and appropriately screamed her head off! -- and now we have to start working on flights. Gulp! Prices are REALLY high right now.

Molly Jayne, sweetie, we will move heaven and earth to get over there and finally get to hug and kiss you on August 3rd. We are ON OUR WAY!!!!!

P.S. For those who wondered, we won't be taking the kids this time. (BUMMER!) With the awful economy, we just can't swing it financially. We're trying to look at the bright side -- we'll get almost two weeks of uninterrupted bonding time with Molly. I'm gonna miss Meggie and Carson something awful and plan to cry...A LOT!

15 comments:

Christy said...

It's too much on me. I'm so excited for al of you!!

Christy
youbelong.net/schraeder

Carrie said...

Praying for you girl! We are still waiting LOA over here and still need about 7,000 to get over there!
So happy really so happy for you!

ralph said...

a great and huge congratulations!! she's a beautiful child. have a safe and smooth trip! glad i chose today to check in with your blog!

Jane Ellen said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I could tag along... I want to go back to China sooo bad. But, if I went, I'd have to bring a beautiful child back with me!

Katie :)

Ash said...

Whoo Hoo so Happy for you!!
will Meg and Carson get to go get their baby sister too?
ash

Winter Casciari said...

Congrats, Teresa! July 29 - wow! Makes my head spin just to think about it. Good luck with travel planning; it can be done. We left 11 days after our first TA in 2006. Go get that girl!!!

- Billie

Lou Ellen said...

Congratulations! So my feeling about your TA wasn't too far off! Check with David Tam on those flights. He did a great job for us!

Bill and Midge said...

YAHOOOOOO!!! That's what we have been waiting to hear!

Deb said...

Congratulations! I cannot wait to follow your blog and see photos of the first time you HUG Molly Jayne. Have a safe safe trip.

Lisa Lieth said...

That is wonderful!!!! So happy for you. We'll be watching!
Lisa Lieth

The Gehrke Family said...

Make sure you call Northwest and go through their group rates program. They offer an adoption fare. It was a lot less. We used them last year when we went to get Mady. Cant wait to follow your trip.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Molly is coming home!!So happy and excited for you all.

wingepr said...

OH MY, i've been so busy, I havent been checking blogs lately. Time to go already, it seems like Carson just got home. I'm so excited for you and can not wait to follow your journey back to china.

now where is meggie at in SC? and I wanted to ask, how old was she when she stated to do the competitions?

Teresa =) said...

Peggy -

Meggie is on Pawley's Island, I think is what it's called. As far as her dancing, she started taking classes at the age of 3 and showed remarkable talent very quickly. Her dance instructor BEGGED me to let her compete...and I scoffed at her. She was 3 yrs old!! Well, Meggie kept getting better and her instructor kept begging me...finally at the end of kindergarten I let her compete her first solo. (It was a bit traumatic for a 5 yr old to be on stage all by herself.) The next year, when Meggie was in first grade, the instructor formed a competition Mini Team so Meggie could be on a team rather than be stuck with solos...and the rest is history!

Teresa =)

art said...

I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to read the blog and seeing your hold Molly in your arms for the first time!

Adreanna