GOTCHA!!
A quick post for you early birds who got up to see pictures.
I probably should have named this post “Gotcha…Whether You Like it or Not!” To say that our Gotcha with Molly was awful would be an understatement of supreme proportions! I will give you the full story later, but a few pictures with the high points.
When we arrived at the Registration Office, Molly and one other boy were already there waiting. My heart sunk into my stomach and I was shaking like a leaf… …which would explain why that darn picture was blurry!
From the first moment, it was clear that this little girl is incredibly strong-willed and did NOT want to come with us… …but things got really hairy when her caregivers snuck out, one by one, to leave. At one point, she ran screaming toward the door and was clearly petrified to be left behind. Kevin tried to hold her back from leaving and she kicked him and smacked him multiple times. At one point, she thought this might help her cause…
…as she defiantly stripped her dress off, thinking it would make a difference. Poor thing…it was thoroughly awful to watch.
While I knew Gotcha might be tough for her, seeing the utter fear in her adorable little face was more than I could handle…I ended up just sitting helplessly on the floor, crying like a baby. (Those who know me know that I am NOT the crying type, typically.) The other families were faring much better than we were – only two of the babies were crying, but they were in their mothers’ arms at least – and the support of our travel mates was so sweet…but so useless to me. I just felt like a monster, tearing this beautiful baby girl away from everything familiar to her.
Monday, August 3, 2009
We stayed in the Registration Office for about an hour, but it seemed like forever. By the time we headed for the bus, Molly was crying but at least tolerating Daddy a bit…
…but in just a few minutes, they got downright chummy on the bus! (Thank goodness!)
She was very leery of me for the longest time, but when we got off the bus to head to get our family picture taken for the official papers, she reached up to hold my hand. I nearly burst into tears again. I don’t know what changed her heart, but she seemed to be quickly softening. A few pics as we transitioned from screams of fear to squeals of laughter… 
She was quite cooperative at the photo shop and held both of our hands, laughing and skipping, back to the bus. (What a change from just 30 short minutes earlier!)
I will do a longer post later…we need to get some lunch and then we have official paperwork, another Gotcha at 3:30PM, and I think another appointment – honestly, my head was spinning on the bus when Yisha gave us our instructions.
One pic of our lovely daughter back at the hotel room…
…and you’ll just have to check back later for more!! Thanks for the prayers and good wishes…keep ‘em coming because I fear this little one’s transition is gonna be rougher than Carson’s was.
Love to all!!
Posted by Teresa =) at 1:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Congratulations!
You don't know me but I've followed your story since Carson came home to your family and I'm thrilled to see Molly with you as well!
Teresa,
It is 4:09 and I couldn't wait any longer to check the blog. I just cried with you.
I am glad to see her soften so quickly. There will mostly likely be some back and forth with this (there was with Izzy)but she is so completely attached now it is amazing.
All I can say is that she is incredible and beautiful and has the very best mommy and daddy ever!
Love and Hugs!
Meggie, thank you for indulging us crazy stalkers, I mean followers that needed to be up so early to meet Miss Molly! You are the best!
Congratulations, Molly is adorable!
Teresa,
You just feel so helpless, don't you? Trust me -- it will all get better in time. Like Trish said, she she most likely go back and forth on this.
Just know that IF things are rough after you get home, we are here for you.
In the meantime, we will continue praying for all of your family.
BTW -- Molly is ADORABLE!!
Teresa, I am sorry Molly is having such a rough time. It will get better. She is just beautiful!
Meggie, thanks for getting up so early to post!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's a little sweetie!! So sorry that things were a little rough for her, but she'll be fine once she realizes how SPOILED she's going to be by mommy and daddy!!! Haaaaa!!
Erin DeNicolo
Congrats. My hearts breaks for Molly and yet rejoices knowing that she is finally with her forever family. The transition may be hard but she just joined one fabulous family.
Oh, she is beautiful! So glad to see Molly with you....even if she wasn't so sure!
I'm sure one day Gotcha will make for a great story, but so sorry you had to go through a tough one. Don't shoot me when I says God knows what we can handle.
So happy to see sweet Molly where she belongs! She's just beautiful. She will soon realize she is with the best family in the world.
Congrats to the whole family!
Christy
Teresa,
I am sitting here reading your post with coffee in hand and crying for you and Molly! I'm so glad this precious little girl is finally with her wonderful family, and I am sure she will quickly realize just how wonderful you all are!
I have been praying for you and promise to continue the prayers coming - for a quick transition for Molly, and for all the love, patience and wisdom you and Kevin need to welcome this sweet child. And especially for peaceful sleep!
Meggie, we have teenagers at our house, and I know what a sacrifice it was for you to get up so early to blog for all of us to read. Thank you.
Molly is just beautiful! Can't wait to see her learn to trust you - one step at a time.
Hugs and prayers,
Midge
Teresa -
I have been following along, loving how you capture the details in the story. My heart was aching as I read this morning blog. As a mom, the helplessness is so painful. But it sounds like things changed quickly and hopefully you have had a good day. Molly is so beautiful with a contagious smile. I look forward to reading more and seeing more great pics. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!
ps – Meggie, you are doing a super job!!
OH Teresa
I"m so glad you finally have her. Poor baby, my heart breaks for her. But she is already coming around, hang in there.
I cannot wait to see her with Meggie and Carson.
Hang in there and keep sending those pictures.
PS I love that she took her dress off, You are gonna have your hands full.
Meggie, you are doing a great job!!! What do you think of your new sister. Has Carson seen these pics, is he excited?
Congratulations!! I am so happy to see Molly with you. I've cried my way through your post, knowing firsthand how hard the transition can be for our sweet children. We'll be praying!
Stacie Capone
mom to Benjamin Shi Ping
im so happy she is finally in your arms. I can't even imagine how hard that was. One of our friends had the same experience, they called it "the alien abduction" It has to be so weird for them. Max didn't cry, but as I look back on pictures, you can see in his face how scary it all was for him. As everyone else has said, it will get better, I'm sure. We will keep you in our prayers, and hope the next couple of days bring out the personally, and love, that you know is inside of her. And if you need to just vent ( or B***H), your more than welcome to email me!
HUGS!!
Chelsie, Alan, and Max
aww- they cut her hair!!!! they did that to amy right before we got her--- will continue to pray for good bonding on both sides-- i'm very glad she started to warm up to you!
Congrats to both you and Molly! I am sorry you both had a rough time in the beginning but I am glad to hear that things are getting better. Molly is absolutely beautiful!
Big hugs remember we are here praying for you and I love the hair bow!
Post a Comment