Well, Here We Go…
I don’t know when Meggie will get this posted, but it is about 8:15AM and we leave for Gotcha in less than an hour and a half.
We both went to sleep last night fairly easily but were wide awake at 4AM. Ordinarily, I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep…but I was just too restless this morning. We turned on HBO (in English, thank goodness!) and watched a very interesting movie called “Wanted,” starring Angelina Jolie. When that was over, we put “A Few Good Men” in the DVD player and watched about half of that. I knew I was nervous and distracted when I started washing my face in the shower with hair conditioner. (Oh, stop, Meggie…don’t laugh at your crazy
old Mom!)
In the travel group, we are all surprised how nervous we are. Every family in our group has adopted from China at least once before, but it feels exactly the same for me as when we were here almost two years ago getting Carson. While I hate the queasy uneasiness in my stomach, I do think it’s sweet that we are all so nervous and excited…means we are not taking this lightly, I guess.
One of the families in our group won’t get their son until 3:30PM today – I feel badly for them that they have to watch us all get our kids this morning and know they still have hours ahead of them to wait. We are all going to their Gotcha to help welcome little Tyson, so I probably won’t get a huge blog post together until much later in the afternoon. If we get a chance, I’ll at least post the Gotcha pics early – especially since the Megster is willing to get up at 4AM to post ‘em for all to see. (Thanks, Meggie…you are the best big sister EVER!)
The gifts for the officials, the nannies, and the foster family are packed and ready (thanks, Grandma D., for the plentiful donations you gave us!!), the paperwork is in order, Molly’s backpack is stuffed with toys and Cheerios, and we are ready to go.
So, here we go…
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Teresa,
I liked the part about it being just as exciting the 2nd time. No doubt, the nerves don't get easier. Everything will be great and I can't wait to see the next post.
BTW, Meggie, I wish I could adopt you! But, I bet your mom would put up a pretty big fight :). Thanks for posting.
Christy
mom to Mia, Ava and Kai
youbelong.net/schraeders
We can't wait to see a picture with you and Molly! It seems like we have been waiting almost a year too.
Please tell Yisha that we said hello and that Bing Qi (pronounced 'chi') is doing great.
YEAH!!! I think I'm just as excited/nervous as you guys are! I can't wait to see pics/post!! GO GET YOUR DAUGHTER!!
-Chelsie
9 more minutes.... am praying for you and soooooooooooooooo excited-- it IS just as exciting and nerve wracking the 2nd time around- and i'm assuming the 3rd!
em:)
anxious with you!!!
Thanks for posting Meggie!!
your friend,
ash
OK is it weird to wake up at 5 am look for a post from ya'll and go back to bed? Now Go get that girl!WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
Thanks Meggie!!!
I am so excited for you, too!!!!! I can't wait to turn on the computer in the morning and see your sweetie in your arms!!!!
Post a Comment