Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It’s 4AM and Mommy Can’t Sleep!

My migraine eventually subsided (thanks to all who sent me lovely comments and e-mails of encouragement, by the way!) but now I can’t sleep! Ugggghhhhh…are you KIDDING me?!?!

Daddy and I were discussing yesterday how this trip has gone so much better for us, mentally, than Carson’s trip did. Don’t know why that is – maybe having a start-to-finish travel group? (We were alone for half of Carson’s trip.) Whatever the reason, I hit the brick wall yesterday and really just need this trip to be over. I mean, when you’re looking FORWARD to over 24 hours of airplane travel and layovers with a wild and crazy four-year-old, you know you’re desperate to get home!

We are thankful to have added this beautiful firecracker to our family and can’t wait to finally unite her with Meggie and Carson! We want to sleep in our own comfortable pillow-top king-sized bed. We want to shop and not be followed around by high-pressure salespeople. We want to take showers and not come out smelling WORSE than when we went in. We want to brush our teeth and take a sip of water using the tap, instead of relying on bottled water. I want to do laundry and read all the blogs I couldn't access over here. Daddy misses making his own crazy-strong black coffee. Heck…we both are even a bit anxious to get back to our jobs!!

This afternoon we have our Consulate appointment and this evening my dear travel mate and new friend, Ann, and I are having massages…Daddy insisted and we both agreed that a little relaxation before we head home can’t be a bad thing. After our massages, we’re gonna have one more dinner at Lucy’s and head back to the room to pack. We leave for the airport Friday morning around 8AM (I think…haven’t gotten Jason’s detailed schedule yet) and our flight out of here is around 10AM. We should be landing at our home airport Friday evening around 8PM.

I’ll probably blog again today. (Who am I kidding? Of COURSE I’ll blog again today.) But I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to thank our awesome Teenager for helping me with the blogging duties, my wonderful in-laws for keeping the older two kids busy and safe while we were gone, and all of the wonderful family and friends who have commented and e-mailed support and encouragement…you have all kept me sane and made this 16-day trip as bearable as it could possibly be.

That’s all for now…but of course I have to add pictures. This blog has a shopping theme as we see…
…Carson and Meggie behaving so nicely while shopping at our local mall back in November of 2007…

…and Molly proudly displaying her new t-shirt, bought here in Guangzhou a couple of days ago! (Isn’t that a riot?!)

Yes, Baby Girl, you were “Made in China”…but you are gonna be raised and loved in the good ‘ole USA by two of the luckiest parents in the world!!

One more sleep (or sleepless night, in my case) and we’re outta here!!!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Love, Love , Love that shirt! Big Hugs and I am glad you and Miss Molly are having girl time! I did the same with Aaron in MJ! Sent Daddy packing and me and MJ did some bonding! It worked! Waiting on the I800 approval-it's been a week and I am holding my breath!

wingepr said...

Glad you are feeling better, sorry you cant sleep, but it wont be long now.

I love that shirt. Grace got a red one.

I am SO looking forward to seeing some pictures of those 3 kids together!

Dawn said...

Safe travels!!

Trish said...

I think it does make a differance to have others with you. Remember I had Billie and Joe, and Nicki the whole time from start to finish. Thank goodness, becuse you don't look as silly sitting in the hall of the hotel crying if you have someone with you. I am glad you have a travel group this time, I am missing our time at Lucy's together, I am jealous of your travel mates too!
You will be home soon!

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

I love the shirt! I hope they have blue for the boys! Safe travels home!! I cant wait to be blogging from China!

Emily said...

ughhh i have a wussy headache and i'm whining and here you are in china with a migraine and horrible beds and bad food- i'll shut up about my headache now!

it is scary when you're looking forward to the trip home-- do you have benadryll or some way of knocking her out???!!:)

em

Anonymous said...

Berter family, I am so exited for you to bring your little girl home. I saw Uncle Lee on Sun and he was nice enough to share your website with me. I do believe that you two are very lucky, but I also think that your children are lucky to have chosen two wonderful parents. I hope that I get to see my favorite cousin and her children in the near future. Love, Ann Guenther

McNew Family said...

Have a safe trip home, and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

Shannon said...

Only two more days for us and we finally get to meet Molly! We can't wait! Taylor gets up every morning and asks if the "Molly blog" was updated overnight!

Lisa D said...

Love the shirt! Too cute!We are so glad you are finally going to be coming home with that precious girl! Many prayers have been sent up for your family-you are blessed!

Jane Ellen said...

Emmy Xiang has a shirt that's just like that... actually she has two. Excpet hers are red and white. Love them!
Thanks for keeping us updated on your China adventures... we wish we were there!
Love,
Katie :)