Thursday, September 10, 2009

And the Mini-Diva Gets More Demanding...

Those who pay close attention to this blog have noticed that Miss Molly has been sporting little pigtails lately. Well, here is how it started.

Last week, when Daddy was out-of-town and I was struggling with a bad migraine headache, Meggie offered to bathe the Littles for me. When I heard giggling from upstairs, I came up the steps to see this...
...and I have to admit I thought it looked ridiculous!
The Diva and her Mini-Diva disagreed and thought it looked fabulous.

The next morning, as I was rushing to get both of the Littles ready for school, Molly started insisting I put her hair in pigtails. How does a Mandarin-speaking child insist to an English-speaking Mommy that she wants her hair in pigtails? She kept tugging her hair into two tufts and pointing to the bows sitting on the bathroom counter. Oh, all right, I'll give you pigtails. (Divas are SO demanding sometimes...)

When we got downstairs, I thought I should probably take a picture of Molly's new 'do...
...and, of course, Carson had to be in the picture. (Don't you love how she's gazing at him? Molly adores Carson and thinks he is SO funny!) When I tried to get a pic of Molly by herself, she wouldn't cooperate. Ugghhhh, Divas!

Of course, after suggesting that I wanted a picture of Molly by herself...
...I had to take a picture of Carson by himself. But no big deal...
...I just caught her off-guard when she was having breakfast and snapped a quick picture. Gotta admit, this pigtail look is kind of growing on me.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, Teresa, I love the pigtails!! Very cute!

leon said...

So cute! (:

Erin Jackson said...

Yeah I have to agree with Meggie and Lisa, I love the pigtails!

McNew Family said...

Gotta keep the little ponies - they are CUTE!!!!

Debbie said...

Buy some Mane and Tail shampoo for her to use...her hair will grow so fast that soon they won't be tiny ponies anymore :-)

Prenatals work, too, but she may be too young for that....

Nicole said...

CUTE!!!! I remember when Katelyn's pig tails were like that. Now her hair is long enough to French braid...

Heather said...

I just love her pigtails! Too cute!!

Heather said...

I just love her pigtails! Too cute!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the pigtails :) Love 'em!!

Our baby girl is from Henan too; we traveled with Bill & Midge to get Michelle!

Shari U said...

I love the pigtails!! My big girl loves to fix the little girl's hair in pigtails, too. What a wonderful way for "best sissies" to bond. I'm so happy to see Molly's hair growing out a bit.

Anonymous said...

OK, I have to say that I think Meggie is the sweetest big sister. Her love for the Littles is most admirable. And she is a stunning teen. I laughed out loud, though, at the pigtails on the "mini-diva", because my crazy 13 year old (from Hefei) was thrilled that her crazy mother presented her with a Kailan doll (the stuffed Happy one)on Tuesday. A discussion followed about Kailan's pig tails and "how come I never put her hair in pig tails like that?!" Well, I wasn't really a pigtail fan (loved her short bob as long as possible). Now, I'd give anything to just get rid of the straight, flat, slicked bangs to the side (or else in the eyes) look. I think pigtails sound good now, especially when I hear the announcement from time to time that she's not my little doll anymore to dress up cute!! Yeah, I know :( SO ENJOY IT ALL for the next few years. I mean, she is one CUTIE PATOOTIE! And so is her brother.
Carolyn (in Las Vegas)
Mother to Joy Lin

Bill and Midge said...

Love it! Aren't little girls fun?