Gotta Admit, This Post is Random...
...and I just can't think of a way to make all these random pictures and thoughts flow together! (Just so you know, I work very diligently to make these posts coherent AND amusing...you're welcome!)
Anyway, thought you'd enjoy a picture of Molly and Carson in their first co-ed fort...Of course, that picture was taken right before they started fighting. (We enjoy the quiet moments when we get 'em.) I can't remember why, but Molly ended up in her first "time-in" that same day...
...and it was QUITE effective! (We call the chair-in-the-corner the "Whiney Chair" and usually Carson is sitting in it, to tell you the truth! He was kind enough to let Molly take her turn.) This was a "time-in" because we were in the room with her. (Time-outs -- where solitude is enforced -- can be very damaging to bonding and attachment in adopted children, based on my readings.) A bit later, Daddy started whining at Carson...
...and the kids got a real kick out of Daddy's turn in the Whiney Chair!!
After two weeks of school, things are really looking up! Tuesday of this week, when I dropped Molly off in her classroom, she gave me a kiss and a hug (which is a rare combo from her), then trotted off to play with her classmates. On Wednesday we got the following note on Molly's daily report:
Molly is really doing great in here. She is joining Circle Time easier and doing an awesome job during book work! She told me her glitter tree was "Pretty!"
While we can take no credit for her intelligence, we are super proud that she is picking up English so quickly and even starting to speak in full sentences already!Doesn't she just LOOK like a genius?!?! LOL! On that same daily report, it was also noted that Molly ate lunch VERY well...so well, in fact, that she ended up getting taco meat, two portions of tortilla chips, three portions of cheese, three portions of banana, AND two glasses of milk! Yikes!! Not sure where she's packing all that food, but we're gonna have to tell her teachers that our Little Eating Machine needs some limits...or she'll be eating everything that's not nailed down in their classroom!
The same day that Molly got those notes on her daily report, we received a notification letter from Carson's Kindergarten that he had been tested and qualifies for English as a Second Language (ESL) assistance 30 minutes a day, four times a week. That is AWESOME!! He will surely be reading in no time with all that extra help......and he is SUPER excited about that! I'll leave you with a super cute picture of the Littles...
...as they terrorized the neighborhood on Carson's motorcycle. Boy, if that doesn't spell "double trouble," I don't know what does!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Posted by Teresa =) at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
wow so great to see Molly and Carson doing so well in school! (: Happy for you! Thank GOD. ANyway I had a good laugh at the "Whiney chair" :D
GOD bless,
Leon
I love all the pictures!
Oh my goodness... that motorcycle pic is perfect!!!! Classic brother/sister trouble coming right at ya! :)
Those little pigtails sticking up in the whiney chair are too adorable! I'm glad she's adjusting so well! They're both cuties!
I have followed your blog for a couple of weeks now. My in-laws linked to it because they are adopting from the same province that Molly is from. They are actually there now and should get their daughter tomorrow!! Your kids are adorable and it seems like such a great family you have. But I just wanted to also say that ever since I started reading it, I am just so impressed by your older daughter as well. She seems so mature and kind and sweet and like such a great big sister. Thanks for sharing your story, it helps give insight to us as to what our family members are going through and will be going through. --Emily in MN
We finally updated our blog, Ms. Super Blogger Mommy! I know, I could never live up to the blogger Goddess known as Teresa, but I will try :-)
-Chelsie
Great news for Carson! It sounds like Molly is doing amazing. I hope all is well.
Kristina
Post a Comment