Monday, September 14, 2009

Tomorrow is a Big (and Potentially Horrible) Day...

...as we will be spending the ENTIRE day with doctors and specialists! Ugghhh!

In the morning, Carson and Molly will be meeting their new pediatrician -- for Carson's annual well-child check and Molly's first check (in the U.S., anyway). This doctor came highly recommended by my friends in the local FCC group as being China-adoption-friendly. (Our prior pediatrician was definitely NOT!) There is a high probability of immunizations for both kids -- shhhhh, don't tell 'em! -- and I'm handling this appointment alone. Prayers would be appreciated.

In the afternoon, Molly is scheduled for an MRI of her brain and total spine to get baseline information for her upcoming appointment at the Spina Bifida Clinic. While this appointment will be a comparative breeze compared to the morning appointment (especially since I work in this department at the hospital and my friends there will take excellent care of my Baby Girl!), she will be getting general anesthesia -- which means she cannot eat solid food after 6:30AM. Oh, and her appointment is right smack in the middle of nap time. (What WAS I thinking?!?!) Isn't that going to be FUN?!?! Hopefully popsicles and apple juice will satisfy her enough to keep the whining at bay. Again, prayers would be appreciated.

Oh, yeah, and it appears the Teenager has the flu. No fever higher than 99.3 so we're not freaking out about H1N1...yet.

Have I mentioned that prayers would be appreciated?

7 comments:

areed said...

Hi T. Prayers will be coming your way. Hope all goes well with the tests. Give sweet girl a big hug.
Ann and the MS gang

leon said...

Don't worry we will keep you in prayer (: GOD is with you all. Hope Meggie get well soon.

GOD BLESS,
Leon

Emily said...

oh man--- prayers will be coming your way-- did 4 flu shots in a row on friday and it was hell! get a wine cooler now and have it cold and ready for when you get home!

Bill and Midge said...

You bet I will pray for you! We have been to the Dr.'s 5 times in the past 2 weeks. Spent most of yesterday in the ER (you can read the gory details on my blog) And I just had to do it with one - can't imagine trying it with 2. Hang in there - hope things go so much better than you expect.

Carrie said...

Prayers all the way around! we got Article 5 monday hoping for a TA soon- If we get it before the last week of this month we could miss The trade Fair if not Looks like we are Leaving The 22 of October!

Nicole said...

Sending prayers your way!!!! Katelyn's MRIs are always "fun." The no eating part is super tough... but I'm always comforted knowing that she's being well taken care of (the radiographer is a friend of mine). Her first MRI was the toughest because they wanted to take her from me before she was sedated... uh, no!!!! I was able to hold her till she was out, thank goodness. Now, it's not a big deal.

Anonymous said...

I will deffinatly pray.

Since you seem a bit concerned about H1N1, I thought you might like to know that H1N1 is actually MUCH less deadly than the regular flu. Many more people die from the regular flu each year than H1N1. The only reason why they make such a big deal out of it is because it's a new strand and so nobody is immune and it could spread faster. BUT it is MUCH MUCH less deadly. I know 3 people who got it. The hospital let them out the next day and they were fully recovered in a week.. They only kept them because of the fever.

God Bless.