Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Surprise Visit From Friends...

My friend, Chelsie, e-mailed me Saturday afternoon. She, her husband Alan, and their son Max were out and they wanted to stop by and see us. The afternoon wasn't good for us, but they were willing to come back later in the evening. They arrived in one of Alan's military vehicles and Carson's first question when he saw it was...
..."Is that for me?" We cracked up laughing! Yes, Carson, for your 6th birthday we felt you could use this...
...enormous camouflage-colored truck! What a goof! He WAS super excited to be allowed to climb inside...
...but Molly wasn't so sure it was a good idea. Max (on the right in the striped shirt) seemed quite frustrated that I was taking pictures.
Carson, however, is a budding wanna-be photographer and took a semi-blurry picture of Chelsie when she joined the kids in the back of the truck. We decided, since it was such a special occasion to see Max and his parents, that we would head to The Cone to get ice cream...
...and every trip to The Cone MUST include at least one ride! Molly wouldn't eat her own ice cream...
...but was more than happy to eat MINE! I tried to get a picture of the kids together, but Max was NOT having that. (Chelsie said she has to trick him to get pics of him lately.)
Carson was happy to pose for me...
...and I grabbed this shot of Max and Molly trying to get a drink from the fountain. (Is anyone else thinking "arranged marriage" right about now?!)

Max, feel free to come visit us with your parents any time. And Carson wants you to bring the tank the next time!

3 comments:

The Veggie Vet Tec said...

Wow, your quick! Max looked at my screen and said "HEY THE PENZ!!" He was very excited to see the post. I'll just have to direct my family to your blog if they want to see what we did over the weekend, cause you know I won't post about it for weeks to come!

HUGS!
Chelsie, Alan, and Max

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Max is so big!! Chelsie and Alan travelled right after I did and we used the same agency. Tell her to send Kathy in Alaska an email. I misplaced hers. You all look great!!! Glad things are going well!!
Kathy in Alaska
waiting on our son in Luoyang

Carrie said...

Wow looks like fun!